Friday, April 24, 2009

I have saved soooo much money

I decided to spend it all on me! Kinda should be embarrassed of myself. And I am, but not for spending money. I went to get a pedicure with the money I've saved (or that's what I told myself). I've been to this nails place a couple times and I've gotten the SAME girl every time - fortunately she does a very good job. Bless her heart, she is chosen to work on my nasty feet AGAIN. After she's put callus remover on my feet and she's begun to try to smooth them out, the owner walks by and stares at the ground below her, one of the other workers walks by...stares at the ground. It's my foot junk they're staring at and I suddenly feel terribly embarrassed and exposed. The last time I was there, the owner's 4 year old son walked by and stared at the ground and said, "Eeeewww!" That's right, even the four year old knew. I can't go back there anymore. I just can't. How can I? I'm sure they all discussed me in Vietnamese after I left. At least I hope they did it in Vietnamese so their other clients wouldn't understand. I'm going to have to just be one of those nail salon gypsies and go to a new place every time. Oh the pain of being vain...or just plain embarrassed.

2 comments:

Mocha Freak said...

"you have boyfwennnnn?"

Kim said...

oh.my.gosh! I just laughed hysterically at this post! I'm very sure you are not the only one! And they probably didn't wait till you left to talk about you!!! You know they were saying it in front of you!! hahaha - or atleast they would have at one of ours here! Trust me, {when I went to get my toes painted - it's been years} I would work on my feet for weeks because I was so embarrassed! And they would still ask me "Ben long tiemmm cent toe painted?" Obviously they looked that bad!!! haha