Friday, October 16, 2009

Labor without drugs

I love Facebook - I'm a Facebook junkie. Now that I'm a junkie I know all kinds of stuff about people that my husband thinks is none of my business.  But.....if they post it on Facebook....then it's not being nosey for me to know, ya know what I mean??? Anywho....a gal posted her labor/delivery story and it includes that she had the baby without any pain medication. WHATT?????? 

She also included that she hates going to the dentist because it hurts.

Are you kidding me, girl? No drugs for someone that you push out of you know where, but you don't want to go to the dentist?!?

I'll admit it. I don't get that. I did labor for enough hours to know that I don't need to feel that again. EVER.  I'm all for healthy babies and happy, healthy mommies.  Pain does not equal healthy. I'm just sayin'..........

1 comment:

Mocha Freak said...

I had labor with meds, and thank the sweet baby Jesus for Epidurals...for they are heavenly. HOWEVER, I'd way rather go through labor - even without pain meds than go to the dentist. Hate it. So, strange as it may be... I'm with your kooky facebook friend. :)